Monday 22 November 2010

Short update

It's Monday again, I'm sick again and I'm itching to get some sewing done.

Tonight, I'll be cutting the fabric for little Zoe's birthday present -- luckily, sewing for a one-year-old doesn't take up a huge amount of time, and there are no annoying details like welt pockets or bound buttonholes to take into account like the annoying BWOF waistcoat I'm working on for the lovely Miss Shelley. More on that later.

In the meantime, I'm catching up on some blog reading and attempting to get some spreadsheet analysis done - but wanted to share these points:

The gold dress just didn't work. Aw, I'm so sad. The fabric was too lightweight and I didn't make sufficient adjustments to take into account that the bust line was already too big on the old RTW version. I suspect that the finished version will hang much better on someone smaller across the ribcage than me ... and I have a worthy candidate in mind. Mwahahaha!

Also, I hate ric rac. What is the deal with this stuff? No offense to anybody out there who uses it and likes it, this is a purely opinion-based observation rather than a critique, but I've never looked at ric rac and thought, 'Oh yeah, that'll finish my project off perfectly!' ... to me it just looks like something a 4-year-old should have glued onto a craft project along with some macaroni and glitter. Ugh. 

I went hunting for pictures of truly awful examples and, of course, there are many out there but I shan't share them with you for fear of offending a plethora of fellow bloggers who have proudly shared their work.

My search for evidentiary pictures was cut short by the annoying fact that a number of the pictures I did find were of seemingly very attractive garments, where the ric rac wasn't just sewn on in a straight line but used much more creatively. Oh bugger, I see an experiment coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment