Monday 9 May 2011

Burda 107 05/2011

So, what happened was that I drove straight to Antwerp from Brussels and got stuck into work the minute I walked into my hotel room.  And then forgot to move my hire car ... so when, two hours later, I rushed out the door in a blind panic, I had no intention of ending up in the local haberdashery, buying the May edition of Burda. It honestly was a complete mistake! Really!

(OK, I fib. I did check whether there was a Veritas near my hotel ... and felt very dumb for not realising it was less than a 10-minute walk(!) ... but then I did remember the car and decided it was a 2-birds-one-stone situation).

<>
Isn't it just gorgeous???

So, ANYWAY. I bought Burda May 2011 (which I was dangerously close to missing, as it turns out the June edition is just about to be released) and had a quick flick through. At which point I also bought (more) tracing paper and (another) tape measure so that I could trace the lovely PINK 107 while on my lonesome in my hotel room.

I really will have to fight hard with myself NOT to go out and buy exactly this lovely hot pink fabric to make an exact replica of the dress. :)

So ... depending on how moody I'm feeling tomorrow, I'll take some body measurements and retrace the pattern in my size. And then I might just get down to doing an FBA. Holy crap!





4 comments:

  1. O.M.G. Does this mean I'm allowed to know where your blog is now?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. More seriously, I really like this pattern - perfect for our figures! Funnily enough, I was thinking of altering a dress I bought from a charity shop to be like this around the waist and then flare out for the skirt bit. Just wasn't entirely sure how I was going to do it. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee ... seriously flaw in the blog process when I don't realise I've had any comments :) But OMG did I tell you about the fabric shopping trip to Goldhawk Road with like 40 other sewing bloggers (I say 'other' as if I'm part of it ... LOL)??? It was the best. And this pattern got even more followers. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing dress!

    Sadly, the fabulous fabric shops of Goldhawk road are at threat of demolition.
    You can read the full details on Melissa’s blog:

    http://www.fehrtrade.com/article/444/save-goldhwak-road

    Please spread the word,join the facebook group, write to the council and lend your support in any way you can. Otherwise fabric shopping trips to Goldhawk road may sadly become a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete